Breakfast is a big deal in my house, especially on the weekends. My kids love having pancakes and french toast, but it can be so time consuming to make enough to feed every body. That’s what made me create this recipe. A cinnamon bun flavoured French Toast Bake. It is so easy, and can easily be prepared the night before.
- 1 loaf of bread cubed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk or heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (softened)
- Liberally grease a 9*13 pan
- In a large bowl combine bread cubes, sugar and cinnamon. I like to use a bowl with a lid and shake to mix. This is easier and faster, stirring will work with a large spoon. When all the bread is coated, empty contents into the pan.
- In a large bowl mix the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Pour over the bread mixture. Cover with foil and let the mixture sit. The longer it sits, the better it tastes!
- Bake in oven preheated to 350 for 45 minutes. Remove and drizzle the cream cheese icing. Bake for 15 minutes more and serve.
Now, this is a request I get almost daily. It’s prefect for potluck brunches as well. I hope your family enjoys it as much as we do!