Hummus is a great snack filled with all kinds of good stuff. High in protein, iron, vitamins C and B6 folate. It’s great on crackers, veggies, pita bread and so much more! My kids love it, and I love how good it is for them. Belive it or not, it is super easy to make too!
- 1 can chick peas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic (Or 1 head roasted garlic)
- 1/3 cup tahini paste or peanut butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp parsley
- Add all the ingredients into your food processor. Blend until fully mixed and chick peas are pureed.
- Add extras to change it up! Some of our favourites are roasted red peppers, cayenne pepper, paprika, and sriracha
Each cup of hummus gives you 12 g of protein, perfect for little growing bodies!