It’s that time of year where everyone is serving up pumpkin pie. I like to offer something different at my holiday gatherings. Pumpkin Cheese Cake.
This recipe is designed to cooked in a pie plate. I have made it in a spring form pan as well. Just remember, it is ok if the middle does not look solid. It will solidify as it cools.
- 1 1/3 cup Ginger Snap cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 16 oz cream cheese softened (2 bricks)
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 5 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350. Blend 1 cup cookie crumb with butter until crumbly. Press into pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Blend the cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Add pumpkin, eggs and spices. Blend until just mixed. Pour over the base. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.
Every time I bring this cheese cake to a holiday gathering, it is one of the first things to disappear.
I make the crust using crushed up ginger snaps. I have a great recipe here! The only problem is making sure you have enough left after munching to make the crust with! You can also use 1 cup of flour mixed with 1/3 cup of brown sugar, or graham cracker crumbs.